Friday 5 November 2010

Jewellery & Muffins


I haven't been very productive recently, especially in making jewellery.
I don't know what to make & bake, sometimes simply not in the mood to.
But I keep up with making muffins as I have muffins for breakfast.
I don't always post the recipe for muffins as I use the same recipe again, with a little variations, like using different fruits, spice, tea, coffee or cocoa.
I just have to post these raspberry & apple muffins, it's soft, moist & sweet.
I got inspired by a new book I bought from WH Smith, it was on sale for only £6.
I was stunned by the price & I quickly grabbed one before it sells out.
It's a great book, packed with great photos & lots of inspirations!
I couldn't wait to try out the recipe of coffee & caramel muffins for my next week breakfast :)




Although not being productive in my jewellery making, I managed to make a few pieces after my visit to Buffy's Beads last week.
I bought a few strings of gemstone beads from the shop, still thinking how to use those sparkling beads.
When I have ideas, I usually sketch out the designs then the problems come in, I leave it too long to make them.
Looking through books & magazines is a great way to get inspired, also not to mention lots of great websites about jewellery.


I'll add these to my shop Yue the Jewelry so these necklaces & bracelets will be on sale soon.
As usual, these pieces are one-off as I'm too lazy to reproduce any pieces I've made.

Recipe (make 12 muffins):
adapted from "The Complete Book of Cupcakes & Baking" by Australian Women's Weekly
Raspberry & Apple Muffins
60g unsalted butter (soften)
90g light brown sugar
2 eggs
200ml milk
130g self-rising wholemeal flour
120g self-rising flour
1 large apple (peeled & chopped finely)
150g fresh or frozen raspberryies

Preheat oven to 180'C & line the muffin tin with muffin cases.
Beat together butter & sugar until fluffy & light.
Beat in eggs, one at a time.
Fold in the flours & milk in 2 patches.
Fold in chopped apples & raspberries.
Divide the batter into the muffin cases & bake for 25 - 30 min.
Remove from the oven & cool on wire rack.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails