Thursday 5 January 2012

Chocolate Whipped Cream Cake

On New Year day, I'd gone home to celebrate with my family.
We had hotpot & dumplings :)
Hotpot is simple to prepare but it's absolutely tasty, also very enjoyable with family & friends.
On new year's eve, I didn't go out for countdown but baked a simple yet delicious chocolate whipped cream cake.
I brought that home for desserts after the meal but my sister also made two delicious cakes.
I took the chances to take some photographs & also to practice the skill of using flash indoors.


Food Photography Practice

Recipe:
Chocolate Whipped Cream Cake
2 eggs
100 g icing sugar
232 g double cream
110 g plain flour
24 g corn flour
20 g cocoa powder
1 1/2 tsp baking powder

In a large bowl, whisk double cream with icing sugar to soft peaks.
Add eggs, one at a time, beat until mix.
Mix & sift in all flours, fold until combine.
Bake in a preheated oven at 170C for 30-40 min.

Chocolate ganache
25 g dark chocolate 72%, chopped
30 g double cream

In a saucepan, bring double cream to boil, stir in chocolate until dissolve, leave to cool.
Pour ganache over the cake & decorate with chopped nuts.

4 comments:

  1. i don't think you need any more practice with indoor photography cos those shots look fabulous! just wondering - how did you angle your flash to get the light in the last photo (the right one)?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Janine,

    To talk about the lighting, I've to describe how I set it up. First there's a white board on the left to reflect the flash on the right & the further side was a white wall (the last photo).

    The camera was set on a tripod & then I held the flash on the right side. The flash was tilted upright towards the wall & white board. The best way to test is to shoot with different angle, distance & direction.

    I hope I've described it clear enough...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nangs melbourne Awesome article, it was exceptionally helpful! I simply began in this and I'm becoming more acquainted with it better! Cheers, keep doing awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great article. I love your work. Will be reading your other posts. Thanks.
    Mr Cream Melbourne

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails